Join Lisa Bock for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of Wireshark: Functionality.
- [Lecturer] This course is an intermediate course for network administrators, students, teachers and anyone with an interest in learning about packet analysis, and the importance of understanding and identifying traffic on your network. To troubleshoot, identify latency issues, and actively identify network attacks. I'll be walking you through the basics so no previous experience with Wireshark is necessary. We'll examine precaptured packets from online repositories.
A high-level knowledge of networking technology will clarify some of the concepts discussed in this course, however if you have a basic understanding of network terms and concepts, and an interest in the subject, you should be able to easily follow along with the lessons.
- Exporting packets and objects
- Edit, View, and Statistics menus
- Toolbars and icons
- Capture options
- Using the capture and display filters
- Finding and marking packets
- Personalizing the layout
- Creating configuration profiles
- Filter expressions and buttons