This video provides an overall lesson on computer networking devices.
- [Instructor] Switches and routers enable a packet … to travel from one host to another. … A host is a computing device with a unique network address, … like IP address or MAC address. … Based on this definition a smart refrigerator qualifies … as a host because it has a built-in processor … and a network card configured with IP and MAC addresses. … A personal computer could disqualify as a host … if it lacks a network interface card or NIC, … although such a scenario is highly unlikely. … A switch connects two or more hosts … in a local area network or LAN. … It uses MAC addresses to distinguish its host. … To find the MAC address of your Windows computer, … type ipconfig + space + forward slash all. … The forward slash all option … forces the MAC address to show up. … Press enter. … Here the label physical address … is another name for MAC address … which consists of 12 hexadecimal digits. … If your goal is to exchange packets … between computers directly connected … to a switch in a LAN you won't need a router. …
- Goals of network forensics
- Using a syslog and Microsoft Log Parser
- Investigating network traffic
- How protocol analysis works
- ARP and DNS poisoning
- Working with network forensics tools
- Using packet sniffers
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
What you should know2m 11s
1. Understanding Network Forensics
2. Preparing for a Network Forensics Investigation
3. Investigating Network Events
4. Investigating Network Traffic
5. Network Forensics Tools
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.