Lisa Bock reviews Tshark, a lightweight command-line tool, along with CloudShark, a free online service from QA Cafe that has a lightweight Wireshark interface for viewing packet captures.
- [Narrator] Most network administrators are familiar…with Wireshark.…It has a rich graphical interface…with many built in tools,…however you really should try Tshark.…It's a lightweight command-line tool.…You'll want to go into the command-line interface…and run as administrator.…I've enlarged the font so you can…see it a little bit better,…but as you can see,…here up at the top,…administrator command prompt.…
And that's so you can write the files without any problems.…Now I need to get to Wireshark.…First I want to go to the directory,…so I'll need to change directory to program files.…Because there's more than eight characters,…I'll have to use quotes.…Now we'll change the directory now to Wireshark.…And that's the directory where Tshark resides.…
Now I'll need to build my command.…It's important to know what interface you'll need.…If you have multiple interfaces,…find out which one is active using IP config.…Alright, let's build my command.…We'll start with Tshark,…and then I'll say the interface,…and I am going to use the wifi interface.…
- Trends in cyberattacks
- Preventing system compromise
- Analyzing packets
- Using Wireshark
- Creating firewall rules
- Baselining a network
- Using capture filters
- Using a ring buffer
- Handling OSI layer attacks
- Identifying attack signatures
- Using VirusTotal
- Handling unwanted TOR activity
Skill Level Intermediate
Troubleshooting Your Network with Wiresharkwith Lisa Bock2h 35m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Deep Packet Analysis
2. Capture Overview
3. Unusual Traffic
4. Case Studies
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.