Even if you're rusty on your OSI model knowledge, this course is invaluable if you're having trouble with your network. It offers a clear, practical troubleshooting guide to narrowing down and solving most problems related to network connectivity.
- Troubleshooting the physical layer: POTS, Ethernet, and more
- Troubleshooting the data link layer
- Troubleshooting the network layer
- Troubleshooting the transport layer
- Troubleshooting Wi-Fi
- Troubleshooting proactively
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Narrator] Your network will break. It will break in strange and sometimes spectacular ways. I'm Greg, and I've been building networks worldwide for over ten years. In this course, I'll discuss the basics of troubleshooting, physical media like copper and fiber. I'll then move up discussing how switching loops form, how DNS issues manifest, and how to kill a rogue DHCP server. You'll learn how to mitigate Wi-Fi interference, verify sockets, and how to use packet captures to verify network operation.
Last, we'll cover being proactive rather than reactive with NMSes and probes. I'm ready to rock, so grab your gear, and let's get started with network troubleshooting.