Lisa Bock covers basic tap on a switched network, and more advanced options for capture that include capturing using a full duplex tap, using SPAN, or capturing within a device that has Wireshark installed.
- [Instructor] On a network there are many devices…that include routers, switches, proxies,…adaptive security appliances,…and network address translation devices.…Each device either examines or modifies the packets…while keeping the data moving.…Although there are a lot of devices,…two common network devices are routers and switches.…Routers are layer three devices that are complex.…
And they must be powerful as routing moves traffic…from one network to another.…Some of the main functions of a router…are path selection and packet forwarding.…Depending on how the router is set up,…it will go through various stages.…If it's used as a firewall,…the router will check the access control list…and see if the packet is allowed or denied.…And there may be some error checking.…The destination address is checked against…the routing table and then the packet is…forwarded out the appropriate interface.…
That is, if there is an appropriate entry…in the routing table.…After the router forwards the traffic,…the time to live value in the IP header is decremented.…
- Tapping into the network
- Baselining the network
- Troubleshooting to discover the cause of a slow network
- Merging traffic
- Sanitizing packet captures
- Capture engines
- Optimizing packet captures
- Basic and advanced IO graphs
- TCP stream graphs
Skill Level Intermediate
Troubleshooting Your Network with Wireshark (2015)with Lisa Bock2h 35m Intermediate
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
Enhance your skills1m 5s
1. Tapping into the Stream
2. Solving Network Problems
3. Capture Engines and Wi-Fi
4. Command Line Capture
5. IO and Stream Graphs
What's next?1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.