Lisa Bock explains how Wireshark can save packets as a pcapng, along with file formats of several other protocol analyzers. Wireshark can also print packet captures and export objects such as images and specific packets and ranges.
- [Instructor] When working with Wireshark,…many of us are familiar with the Save As feature…but you can also export and print packet captures.…I'm in Wireshark now and if I were to save this capture,…I would simply go to File and Save As.…I created a folder on my desktop called Captures.…Now when we take a look below,…the first thing it says is File Name…and I am simply going to use Sample.…
Now, Wireshark can save the packet data…in its native file format;…that's PCAP Next Generation,…but also, it could save it in the file formats…of many other protocol analyzer…so that other tools can read the captured data.…I'll drop this down…and here you can see the different choices:…Wireshark TCP Dump,…RedHat,…SuSE,…Microsoft NetMon,…and Sniffer and many others.…
In this case, I'll simply say Sample and save.…The developers add new file formats…from time to time…but this is a nice range of extensions…where most protocol analysis tools…will be able to accept your packet capture.…In addition to saving packet captures,…we can also export data.…
- Trends in cyberattacks
- Preventing system compromise
- Analyzing packets
- Using Wireshark
- Creating firewall rules
- Baselining a network
- Using capture filters
- Using a ring buffer
- Handling OSI layer attacks
- Identifying attack signatures
- Using VirusTotal
- Handling unwanted TOR activity
Skill Level Intermediate
Troubleshooting Your Network with Wiresharkwith Lisa Bock2h 35m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Deep Packet Analysis
2. Capture Overview
3. Unusual Traffic
4. Case Studies
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.