Lisa Bock reinforces the fact that packet analysis should only be done on a network you own or have explicit permission to conduct packet analysis. Wireshark export restrictions are covered along with a demonstration on how Wireshark can decrypt an SSL stream.
- [Instructor] There are many reasons…to use packet analysis.…However, it should only be done on a network…that you own or have explicit permission…to conduct packet analysis for security scans…or troubleshooting network connectivity issues.…In addition, consideration should be given…to maintain the privacy of the…data collected during capture.…And have a proper method to obtain, analyze,…and retain the packet captures.…
Now something you may not know…is that Wireshark has export restrictions…and you need to be aware of this.…I'm at the Wireshark page and here we can see that…it's an open source software that contains strong encryption…and it's able to decrypt many of the protocols…that have to do with concealing data.…Now its primary distribution point is in the United States…and it falls under the U.S. encryption export regulations.…
Now laws do change, but I have opened up this webpage here…where you can see encryption…and export administration regulations.…And this gives some details about what is…and what is not allowed when it has to do with encryption.…
- Tapping into the network
- Baselining the network
- Troubleshooting to discover the cause of a slow network
- Merging traffic
- Sanitizing packet captures
- Capture engines
- Optimizing packet captures
- Basic and advanced IO graphs
- TCP stream graphs
Skill Level Intermediate
Troubleshooting Your Network with Wiresharkwith Lisa Bock2h 35m Intermediate
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
Enhance your skills1m 5s
1. Tapping into the Stream
2. Solving Network Problems
3. Capture Engines and Wi-Fi
4. Command Line Capture
5. IO and Stream Graphs
What's next?1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.