Join Lisa Bock for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Wireshark: Malware and Forensics.
- [Narrator] Thank you for watching.…In this course I covered how to analyze…network traffic using Wireshark.…I discussed how Wireshark can uncover advanced…persistent threats on a network that elude detection…and hide in plain sight.…I first reviewed cyberattacks and trends…and why you should do deep packet analysis…using Wireshark and tshark,…and how to tap into your network.…I covered capturing traffic,…including baselining the network,…display and capture filters,…and coloring rules to highlight…potential malware signatures.…
We examined unusual traffic and indications of compromise.…I discussed ports associated with malware…and some common attack signatures.…I finished up with some case studies…and what to look for when trying to uncover…potential problems on your own network.…If you're interested in learning more,…please check out the IT segment of the library,…where we add new courses all the time.…It's well worth your time to check out any course…in the Ethical Hacking series.…
If you're a network administrator,…
- Trends in cyberattacks
- Preventing system compromise
- Analyzing packets
- Using Wireshark
- Creating firewall rules
- Baselining a network
- Using capture filters
- Using a ring buffer
- Handling OSI layer attacks
- Identifying attack signatures
- Using VirusTotal
- Handling unwanted TOR activity
Skill Level Intermediate
Troubleshooting Your Network with Wiresharkwith Lisa Bock2h 35m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Deep Packet Analysis
2. Capture Overview
3. Unusual Traffic
4. Case Studies
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.