This video points out the significance of compliance in maintaining network logs.
- [Instructor] Organizations these days … are facing increasing pressure for complying … with a growing number of rules and regulations … which require network forensics … as part of their incident response mandates. … Sarbanes-Oxley or Sox, … Payment Card Industry-Data Security Standard or PCI-DSS, … Federal Information Security Management Act or FISMA, … and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act … or HIPPA are some of the legal … and industry compliance requirements. … Logs contain traces of illicit activities … which act as evidence necessary for … for building a convincing case … in a network forensics investigation. … Therefore, there is a strong correlation … between network logs and compliance. … Many of the existing rules and regulations require logging … as one of the mandatory security controls. … The term control here refers … to a countermeasure against a cybersecurity attack. … Network logs are a high priority … among security control options … because that's often all we have …
- Goals of network forensics
- Using a syslog and Microsoft Log Parser
- Investigating network traffic
- How protocol analysis works
- ARP and DNS poisoning
- Working with network forensics tools
- Using packet sniffers
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
What you should know2m 11s
1. Understanding Network Forensics
2. Preparing for a Network Forensics Investigation
3. Investigating Network Events
4. Investigating Network Traffic
5. Network Forensics Tools
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.