This video demonstrates how Microsoft Log Parser works as an example of a network logging solution.
- [Instructor] Despite of its age, Microsoft Log Parser … is still a popular command line tool. … It provides a SQL interface that allows … its users to search for … and to manipulate the log messages of their own interest. … One of the primary features of Microsoft Log Parser … is an ability to run SQL-like queries … on log files regardless … of their original format such as XML text, … or internet information services or IIS log files. … The retrieved information produced … as part of a query can appear on a console … in a file or go back to a database. … Microsoft Log Parser can also generate HTML report … and make queries against Windows Event Viewer Logs, … Active Directory, Windows Registry etc. … The latest Microsoft Log Parser version … is 2.2 and you can download it at this website. … They also have a graphical user interface front-end … of Microsoft Log Parser called Log Parser Lizard. … You still need to install Microsoft Log Parser … before you try to run Log Parser Lizard. …
- Goals of network forensics
- Using a syslog and Microsoft Log Parser
- Investigating network traffic
- How protocol analysis works
- ARP and DNS poisoning
- Working with network forensics tools
- Using packet sniffers
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
What you should know2m 11s
1. Understanding Network Forensics
2. Preparing for a Network Forensics Investigation
3. Investigating Network Events
4. Investigating Network Traffic
5. Network Forensics Tools
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.