Learn the basics of vulnerability management. Discover why vulnerabilities exist, as well as how to manage them from start to finish.
- [Lora] We all love fixing problems but you can't fix a problem you don't know about. Vulnerabilities exists in every system and there's not always an obvious fix. Taking a structured approach to vulnerability management is the best way to protect your systems, resources, and finances from the risk vulnerabilities pose. Using lessons from my career in cybersecurity, I'll explain the basics of vulnerabilities, why they exist, how to find them, and how to identify what to fix first. I'm Lora Vaughn McIntosh, a cybersecurity executive in the financial services industry.
Join me and dive in to vulnerability management.
- What's a vulnerability and why do they exist?
- Main sources for vulnerability data
- Prioritizing vulnerabilities
- The industry standard for vulnerability risk scoring
- How regulations can impact vulnerability management processes
- How compensating controls affect vulnerabilities
- Vetting false positives
- Confirming remediation
- Building a vulnerability management program