Malware has improved in sophistication, and attacks are organized and coordinated. Common types of malware include viruses, worms, spyware, rootkits, and trojans—all designed to get in and manipulate a system.
- [Narrator] Over the years,…hackers have written and modified many programs,…all designed to get in and manipulate a system.…Malware has improved in sophistication…and attacks are organized and coordinated.…Serious malware makers have progressed…to more aggressive attacks using trojan horses,…rootkits, and spyware.…Most methods involve programming, yet some involve…social engineering.…Expert hackers target unprotected systems…and may even benefit from accessing…an outdated operating system.…
That is because, even wt all the recent news…and cyberthreats, many are slow to adopt…the latest in technology, security patches,…updates, and operating systems.…For example, Microsoft ended support…for Windows XP in 2014.…However, as of October 2017,…you can still find Windows XP for sale on the internet.…Windows XP is the third most popular operating system…in use today.…
In fact, there are still Vista and Windows 98 users…around the globe.…Let's compare some of the different types of Malware.…A virus alters the way a computer operates…
- Trends in cyberattacks
- Preventing system compromise
- Analyzing packets
- Using Wireshark
- Creating firewall rules
- Baselining a network
- Using capture filters
- Using a ring buffer
- Handling OSI layer attacks
- Identifying attack signatures
- Using VirusTotal
- Handling unwanted TOR activity
Skill Level Intermediate
Troubleshooting Your Network with Wiresharkwith Lisa Bock2h 35m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Deep Packet Analysis
2. Capture Overview
3. Unusual Traffic
4. Case Studies
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.