In this video, learn how enterprise platforms can help with vulnerability remediation.
- [Instructor] When you scan a network…of more than a handful of systems for vulnerabilities,…it's very likely that there's going to be a mess.…There will be more things that need to be fixed…than you want to do manually.…No one wants to log into and update…hundreds of systems one by one, by hand.…It's inefficient and it just doesn't scale.…And that's especially true knowing that new vulnerabilities…and patches are released on a near-daily basis.…At the most basic level, OS patching can be automated…using the vendor's auto-update mechanism.…
Some common software packages have an auto-update feature,…but you may not want to utilize auto-update.…Without testing it first, an automatic update…could push an update to every system in your network,…only for you to discover that it caused…a business-critical application to be unusable or unstable.…You really need an easy button, or at least something…to make the process not so painful; that's why patch…and configuration management platforms exist.…In this market space, there's several vendors…
- What's a vulnerability and why do they exist?
- Main sources for vulnerability data
- Prioritizing vulnerabilities
- The industry standard for vulnerability risk scoring
- How regulations can impact vulnerability management processes
- How compensating controls affect vulnerabilities
- Vetting false positives
- Confirming remediation
- Building a vulnerability management program