Enhance your Wireshark workflow by becoming better acquainted with its interface and core features. Learn about the different menus and toolbars in Wireshark, as well as how to personalize the interface.
- [Lisa] We all know that Wireshark is a great tool, but how do you make a great tool even better? By becoming more familiar with the many basic features that help you navigate easier in Wireshark. Network administrators, programmers and students all show continued interest in analyzing network traffic using Wireshark. By taking this course, you'll have a solid understanding of the Wireshark interface to improve your workflow. Hello, I'm Lisa Bock, and I'm a security ambassador.
Wireshark functionality begins with a more detailed look at the menu choices and toolbars. I then move into ways to capture traffic and move about Wireshark to locate, mark and copy packets. I then summarize with ways to personalize the Wireshark interface to enhance your analysis. I am super excited to bring you this course on Wireshark functionality so that you can improve your skills in packet analysis. Are you ready? Let's get started.
- Exporting packets and objects
- Edit, View, and Statistics menus
- Toolbars and icons
- Capture options
- Using the capture and display filters
- Finding and marking packets
- Personalizing the layout
- Creating configuration profiles
- Filter expressions and buttons