This video explains how an HTTP sniffer works as a network traffic evidence acquisition tool.
- [Lecturer] HyperText Transfer Protocol or HTTP proxies … perform pretty much the same function … as the man-in-the-middle attack tools like Arp spoof. … The biggest difference is their purposes, … unlike their malicious peers, HTTP or web proxies … exist … to increase security. … They sit between an HTTP client and its server, … act like the server to the client and vice versa. … Since they inspect HTTP traffic, … HTTP proxies … or application layer programs. … There are two types of HTTP proxies, … one focuses on the client-side … while the other concentrates on the server-side. … The client-side solutions come in the form of a plug-in … for a web browser or a stand-alone program. … The client-side analyzer will be exploring … is Fiddler web debugging proxy … which is a stand-alone software application. … The software works with one web browser at a given time … and inspects all the communications … between the client and the web servers it connects to. … This is especially useful when you're trying to figure out …
- Goals of network forensics
- Using a syslog and Microsoft Log Parser
- Investigating network traffic
- How protocol analysis works
- ARP and DNS poisoning
- Working with network forensics tools
- Using packet sniffers
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
What you should know2m 11s
1. Understanding Network Forensics
2. Preparing for a Network Forensics Investigation
3. Investigating Network Events
4. Investigating Network Traffic
5. Network Forensics Tools
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.