Learn how to optimize packet capture using CLI tools, sanitize captures, baseline traffic, capture session keys and decrypt traffic, and create IO and stream graphs.
- [Lisa] Hello, my name is Lisa Bock and I'm a security ambassador. Improving your packet analysis skills comes from a combination of education and experience. To improve your skills, let's take a deeper dive into some of the more advanced tools and techniques. I'll begin with a look at tapping into the stream and a review of network architecture. We'll take a look at ways to solve network problems and how to merge traffic and sanitize captures before sharing.
I'll then review capture engines along with a discussion on wireless traffic. I cover ways to optimize packet capture and discuss command-line tools. I summarize with a look at IO graphs, round-trip time, and different types of stream graphs. I am super excited to bring you this course on Wireshark: Advanced Tools and Techniques so that you can improve your skills in packet analysis. Are you ready? Let's get started.
- Tapping into the network
- Baselining the network
- Troubleshooting to discover the cause of a slow network
- Merging traffic
- Sanitizing packet captures
- Capture engines
- Optimizing packet captures
- Basic and advanced IO graphs
- TCP stream graphs