A router uses an ACL to deny or permit traffic on a network. When examining traffic using Wireshark, the network administrator can easily build an ACL based on what they see in a packet capture.
- [Narrator] On a network, the router examines packets as…data passes through the network and determines the…destination based on network layer addressing information.…In addition to routing traffic, a router uses an access…control list or ACL to deny or permit traffic on a network.…When a router receives a packet, it examines the field…values and refers to the access control list.…
The router drops the packet if deny characteristics match.…The router will forward packets if…permit characteristics match.…If the packet does not match any criteria given,…the router drops the packet into the bit bucket,…which is the implicit deny or clean-up rule.…Each router interface has a separate access control list.…There are different access control lists…for inbound and outbound traffic.…
There is a wide range of packet filtering options.…Common options include source and destination IP address,…source and destination ports, flags set in the TCP header,…UDP or certain ICMP packets, and specific protocols.…If you want to assign a statement to an already installed…
- Trends in cyberattacks
- Preventing system compromise
- Analyzing packets
- Using Wireshark
- Creating firewall rules
- Baselining a network
- Using capture filters
- Using a ring buffer
- Handling OSI layer attacks
- Identifying attack signatures
- Using VirusTotal
- Handling unwanted TOR activity
Skill Level Intermediate
Troubleshooting Your Network with Wiresharkwith Lisa Bock2h 35m Intermediate
Learning Computer Forensics (2014)with Jungwoo Ryoo1h 57m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Deep Packet Analysis
2. Capture Overview
3. Unusual Traffic
4. Case Studies
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.