Lisa Bock reviews coloring rules and shows you how you can create a new color filter rule in Wireshark to customize your view to highlight specific field values, or protocol use when capturing traffic.
- When working with Wireshark,…you may notice that the traffic is colorized.…This has been done for quite sometime,…but if it bothers you, you can take it off…or modify the look and feel of Wireshark.…Up here under telephony,…you can take this and deselect the coloring rules…so that you have no color.…But a lot of us like the color…because it helps to identify potential problems.…We'll bring that back.…
As you can see here, some of these are black…and that might indicate a problem with latency.…In the lower right hand corner,…let's select the Wireshark expert information.…Here it's showing a lot of problems…with a potential bad check sum.…Well, that might not be a problem.…Let's take a look.…If I go up to this frame,…and I right-click,…and I take a look at protocol preferences,…and here it says, "validate the check sum, if possible."…I generally suggest you deselect this,…and that is because a lot of times…if the check sum is offloaded,…it's incorrectly calculated…and it appears to be an error.…
So that problem is fixed.…
- Trends in cyberattacks
- Preventing system compromise
- Analyzing packets
- Using Wireshark
- Creating firewall rules
- Baselining a network
- Using capture filters
- Using a ring buffer
- Handling OSI layer attacks
- Identifying attack signatures
- Using VirusTotal
- Handling unwanted TOR activity
Skill Level Intermediate
Troubleshooting Your Network with Wiresharkwith Lisa Bock2h 35m Intermediate
Learning Computer Forensics (2014)with Jungwoo Ryoo1h 57m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Deep Packet Analysis
2. Capture Overview
3. Unusual Traffic
4. Case Studies
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.