Lisa Bock reviews capture filters to use if you only want to capture a specific type of traffic, such as ARP or DNS.
- [Narrator] If I know the type of traffic…that I need to filter,…I can use a capture filter.…When you use a capture filter,…I'm going to drop this down.…I'll go to options.…So capture and options.…And then, I did select Wi-Fi 'cause that's the one where-…That interface, I will use Wi-Fi.…And down below here says…capture filter for selected interfaces.…Well now I'm going to click on the bookmarks…and see the capture filters,…and you can see what is available.…
Now, some of 'em are prebuilt.…TCP only, if I were to select that as you can see,…TCP pretty standard.…Well you know what I want?…I just want DNS traffic.…Now, I'm just going to just do a little test and see.…I want to see how much traffic I'm getting just on DNS,…and I'll type DNS.…Well now it's red.…Now, you think something's wrong with that because it's red.…Well, I didn't use a capital letter on the left-hand side.…
Wonder why.…Well, let's take a look.…I want to go to the Wireshark Wiki.…And now, let's take a look at DNS.…Now understand that capture filter is different…
- Trends in cyberattacks
- Preventing system compromise
- Analyzing packets
- Using Wireshark
- Creating firewall rules
- Baselining a network
- Using capture filters
- Using a ring buffer
- Handling OSI layer attacks
- Identifying attack signatures
- Using VirusTotal
- Handling unwanted TOR activity
Skill Level Intermediate
Troubleshooting Your Network with Wiresharkwith Lisa Bock2h 35m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Deep Packet Analysis
2. Capture Overview
3. Unusual Traffic
4. Case Studies
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.