IO graphs support display filters and expressions, as well as calculations that include SUM, COUNT, MAX, MIN, and AVG. Lisa Bock demonstrates creating a graph that illustrates a count of the spurious retransmissions that occurred in the capture.
- [Instructor] When working in the Statistics menu choice,…we know that there are IO graphs…but there are some advanced features in those IO graphs.…Now, some of those include sum…and this will total the value of the field,…minimum will plot the minimum value of a field,…average provides the average of a field…and maximum plots the maximum value of a field,…so with those four, I'm going to have to provide…a field value that's specific…so that that chart can do its job.…
Count will count the occurrence…of a characteristic…and load plots the client load on a server.…I've opened up Congested Network…and we've worked with this before…'cause it's a pretty good example…of things that could have gone wrong…within the packet capture…during the time period.…And if you go to the Expert System,…you can see all of the different things are going on.…Here you can see this is a suspected Spurius Retransmission.…So, that's a good one to do,…so let's take a look at that.…
Now, we see the Spurious Retransmission…but we need to apply a display filter.…
- Tapping into the network
- Baselining the network
- Troubleshooting to discover the cause of a slow network
- Merging traffic
- Sanitizing packet captures
- Capture engines
- Optimizing packet captures
- Basic and advanced IO graphs
- TCP stream graphs
Skill Level Intermediate
Troubleshooting Your Network with Wireshark (2015)with Lisa Bock2h 35m Intermediate
Learning Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
Enhance your skills1m 5s
1. Tapping into the Stream
2. Solving Network Problems
3. Capture Engines and Wi-Fi
4. Command Line Capture
5. IO and Stream Graphs
What's next?1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.