Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video The zen of computer maintenance, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 3 Windows Basics.
- [Voiceover] Hey, Mike Meyers.…- Hey, how's it going, man?…- [Voiceover] What are you doing here?…- Well, actually I am playing Ingress right now,…but I'm also doing all my computer maintenance…back at the office.…- [Voiceover] Wait a minute, we're at a park.…- Yes, we are.…See, the nice thing about modern Windows systems…is that all the computer maintenance things,…the disk defragmentation, Windows Update, disk cleanup,…and a lot of other things…are completely automated processes.…I'll tell you what, let's head in the office,…and I'll show you what I mean.…
There seems to be an issue with techs out there…that there is some required process…of maintaining their computers.…That they have to do these periodic things…to their computers in order to keep them…in good running order…and the answer is well, periodic things have to be done…to your computer to keep them in good running order,…but the bottom line is, in today's modern systems,…it's generally a fully automated process.…The days of us having to deal…with the day to day or week to week drudgery…
Part 3 covers the Windows operating system: all the basics you need to know to troubleshoot the inside of a PC. Author and CompTIA expert Mike Meyers takes a look under the hood at the processes, services, and tasks and provides an overview of user management, which is one of the foundations of Windows security. In Chapter 3, you'll learn some techniques for maintaining and optimizing the performances of Windows, including backup and restore procedures. Every lesson maps to a question in the critical Windows domain—an estimated 30% of the exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- What is the Windows registry?
- Understanding the boot process
- Using the Windows 8 Task Manager
- Creating and managing users
- Working in the Microsoft Management Console
- Installing and uninstalling programs
- Backing up and restoring Windows