HoloLens is a great tool for game development. This video provides a starting point for building your own platform game.
- [Instructor] Unlike enterprise apps for the holograms,…which tend to be conservative and restrained,…games are primarily about movement.…I'm going to show you how…to build a bare-bones platformer game.…This will involve a 3D character,…which will drive around the room using an Xbox controller.…I've already begun the project, called Platform Game World,…and configured the presets up here…as well as imported the Holo tool kit.…
The first thing we're going to need to do…is download a controller component that will allow us…to use the Xbox controller in our game.…To do this, I'm going to go into Windows on the menu…and bring up the asset store.…The component I'm looking for is pretty easy to find.…Simply by doing a search on the Xbox and HoloLens.…(types on keyboard)…This brings up the case western reserve…Xbox controller input.…
We're going to click on it and add it to our project.…And if you're not already signed into your Unity account,…you can sign in at this point.…And when we're down downloading,…it will be added to the project here.…
Join instructors Dennis Vroegop and James Ashley for this introduction for HoloLens app development. They show you how to set up your development environment, including Unity and the HoloToolkit; how to deploy to HoloLens and the HoloLens emulator; and how to build apps that accept user input via gazes, tapping, and speech. Then discover how to use spatial mapping to detect your surroundings and analyze your environment with spatial understanding. Learn how to implement spatial sound that adds to the user's existing environment, and synchronize data to create shared experiences. Along the way, learn how it all comes together in two simple 3D apps: a visualization for enterprise business and a platform game.
- Installing Unity, Visual Studio, and the HoloToolkit
- Building an app in Unity
- Deploying to HoloLens or the HoloLens emulator
- Gaze and tapping
- Spatial mapping and spatial understanding
- Spatial sound
- Shared holograms
- Creating 3D enterprise apps
- Creating 3D games
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up Your Development Environment
Download the HoloToolkit2m 32s
2. Basic Configuration and Deployment
3. Basic Interaction
4. Use HoloToolKit
5. Spatial Sound
6. Shared Experiences
7. Games and Enterprise Applications on the HoloLens
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.