Learn the basics of BitLocker encryption.
- [Instructor] In this video, I wanted to introduce you…to the concept of BitLocker encryption.…BitLocker is a Windows component that provides…volume-level encryption for Windows PCs.…The reason why we use BitLocker is…because without BitLocker, then anyone who has…physical access to a PC can gain access to the hard disk.…All they would have to do is extract the hard disk…from the PC and then bypass the Windows operating system,…and they have full access to anything on the hard disk.…Well, BitLocker can prevent that by encrypting…the contents of the hard disk.…So that way, if someone were to remove…the hard disk from the PC,…then they wouldn't have access to anything…because the entire disk is encrypted.…
In order for BitLocker to work,…the system drive has to be separated…into two separate partitions.…There's the system partition,…and the operating system partition.…The system partition is really small;…it's only about 350 megabytes in size,…and the way that the system partition is formatted…varies depending on the underlying hardware.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.