Join Matt Hester for an in-depth discussion in this video A brief look at MDT and WDS, part of Learning Windows 10 Deployment for Small Businesses.
- One of the key tools to working with…imaging technologies and Microsoft technologies…is the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit…and really it's the big kahuna.…It's the cornerstone.…It's kind of the everything tool when you want to start…doing imaging, not only of new desktops,…but also taking an existing desktop and capture it.…The nice thing about MDT is it allows us to do it all.…MDT is a free tool and has a lot of great capabilities…for you to use inside your deployment environments.…First and foremost, one of its great capabilities is…its documentation.…
I know what you think is help files aren't all that helpful.…Well, this help file is amazing…because it actually takes you to step-by-step…guidance to do your deployments.…Now, when you see the deployments,…and we actually have 3 acronyms that you'll see here,…LTI, ZTI, and UDI.…These essentially are different ways that we can deploy…the operating system to the actual desktops.…So, an LTI stands for a Lite Touch installation.…As the name implies, you have to do something light touch…
- Name the two versions of Windows 10 that are available when upgrading.
- Explain how to roll back to a previous version of Windows.
- Recall the location of the recovery partition.
- Identify three recovery tool options available in Windows 10.
- Recognize the functions of Windows deployment services.