Learn about the history of .NET Windows development.
- [Instructor] It is often important…to understand how a product has evolved over time…to grasp its vision and functionality choices.…A brief review of the history of .NET…and Windows development…will help you fully understand the latest .NET technology…and how it relates to UWP development.…In the past, .NET has consisted of a set of platforms built…on unique application models, frameworks, and runtimes.…This set of .NET platforms collectively made up all of .NET.…Even though each platform was built…on a slightly different app model, framework, and runtime,…there were still similarities between each platform.…
For example,…the set of programming languages was consistent.…One benefit of all of these discrete platforms…was the ability to share code across applications…built for different .NET platforms.…This was made possible by a tool…known as Portable Class Libraries.…You can build a library with multiple .NET platform targets.…Imagine that I'm building a .NET application…that targets Xamarin with the Mono framework,…
- Working with .NET for UWP app development
- Establishing application architecture
- Configuring Azure services
- Configuring the mobile app service backend
- Testing and publishing the service backend
- Using Facebook authentication
- Using XAML
- Client server abstraction API
- Using the UWP community toolkit
- Styling app views
- Creating adaptive views
- Testing an app for multiple user accounts
- Publishing to the Windows Store
- Sideloading app packages
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before We Get Started
2. Build the Backend
3. Build the UWP App
4. Polish and Publish the App
Sideloading App packages2m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.