Learn about useful XAML tools to enhance XAML productivity, including XAML UI debugging and XAML edit and continue.
- [Instructor] Have you ever started building the UI…of your app and noticed alignment issues…that were really hard to figure out?…You likely solved it by making small adjustments,…testing the app, and repeating over…and over until it was fixed.…Before we get too deep into building the app,…I want to show you some of my favorite tools…to speed up XAML development.…So far, you have implemented one simple view,…the login view, which allows the users…of your app to sign in with Facebook.…Let's see how we can use XAML UI Debugging…and XAML Edit and Continue to make it look a little better.…
With our app already running and debugging,…let's return to Visual Studio.…On the left, you should see a Live Visual Tree pane,…and on the right, you should see a closed…Live Property Explorer.…Open the Live Property Explorer and make sure it's pinned.…The Live Visual Tree is essentially…the runtime document outline of your app.…It shows all of the visual elements in your app.…Not only that, but it shows the controls…that you have implemented,…
- Working with .NET for UWP app development
- Establishing application architecture
- Configuring Azure services
- Configuring the mobile app service backend
- Testing and publishing the service backend
- Using Facebook authentication
- Using XAML
- Client server abstraction API
- Using the UWP community toolkit
- Styling app views
- Creating adaptive views
- Testing an app for multiple user accounts
- Publishing to the Windows Store
- Sideloading app packages
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before We Get Started
2. Build the Backend
3. Build the UWP App
4. Polish and Publish the App
Sideloading App packages2m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.