Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Storage Spaces, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- Let's dig a bit deeper into Storage Spaces…to learn how they can dramatically improve…how you manage large volumes of storage…through scale, resiliency and efficiency.…This figure illustrates the concept of a storage pool.…We've taken a pair of two terabyte USB disks…and pooled them together.…This virtual disk is usable just like…a regular physical disk, you can partition it, format it…and start copying data to it.…However, once physical disks have been added to a pool,…they're no longer individually usable.…They're dedicated to the pool in their entirety.…
Now if all you want to do is combine…two or more physical drives into one logical drive,…you can do that by creating a simple storage space.…Let's go back here to the Manage Storage Spaces dialogue…and click on the Create Storage Space.…And then notice the Resiliency Type here…is Simple, no resiliency.…This writes one copy of your data…and doesn't protect you from drive failure.…A simple storage space requires at least one drive.…Now however, if your disk fails,…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.