Learn how to insert removable storage and properly remove it. Learn about ejecting thumb drives and media cards and adding your phone or tablet to the PC's storage system.
- [Instructor] In a way, any storage…beyond the PC's primary hard drive,…or any internal mass media,…is removable.…For example, an external hard drive is removable…though most users keep the device permanently attached…to their PC.…Know, the type of removable storage covered in this movie,…is designed for transportability.…This storage consists primarily of thumb drives…and media cards.…The topic is how to properly insert, access,…and remove that storage,…and how to best put it to work.…
Adding removable storage is simple,…plug it in!…Thumb drives connect to a USB port.…Media cards, go into a media card reader.…Or if the computer lacks a media card reader,…you can get a USB media card adapter,…plug that into a USB port…and then add your media cards.…After getting the USB plug's orientation correct,…the media is mounted into the PC storage system,…assigned a drive letter,…and if you haven't yet associated the media…with an AutoPlay action,…you see the AutoPlay notification.…
I'll stick a USB thumb drive into this PC…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall which tab to select to see additional details about files and folders.
- Determine the hierarchy of folders.
- Explain how to create a shortcut on your desktop.
- Summarize the steps taken to add files from a folder to the Documents library.
- Recognize the benefits of file compression.
- List three common storage device formats.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understand File Basics
2. Organize Projects
3. Control Mass Storage
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.