Learn how to choose a Windows power plan.
- [Instructor] In this video I'd like to show…you how to choose a power plan on a Windows 10 PC.…So what we need to do is open the control panel.…I'm going to do that by right clicking on the start button…and choosing the control panel option.…When the control panel opens we're going…to go to system and security…and then I'm going to click on power options.…When I do that you can see that we have…a section called preferred plans.…We have balanced and power saver.…Balanced is designed to give us a balance…between energy savings and performance,…whereas power saver is designed to help us conserve power.…
Down here we have an option to show additional plans.…And if I click this down arrow…we can see that there's also a high performance plan.…The high performance plan is designed to…deliver the maximum performance but it…doesn't save very much power.…You'll also notice that for each one of these plans…we have an option to change the plan's settings.…So if I were to click on change plan settings…for the balanced plan we have an option to…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.