Join Matt Hester for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the media creation tool, part of Learning Windows 10 Deployment for Small Businesses.
- Now maybe you're in a position where…you can't actually do an upgrade, or you just…want to do a wipe and re-load of a system…that you've already previously upgraded.…Well how do you go about doing that?…Well one of the tools that you're going to need…is called the Media Creation Tool.…Now this is a free download, and you…might have seen it during the actual upgrade process,…but I'm going to show you how the tool works,…and how we can actually create installable media…without having to go through the upgrade process.…This is also very useful when you're trying to upgrade…a system where there isn't very good bandwidth…in a location, or maybe it's a disconnected PC…and you still want to do that upgrade or that process…of installing Windows 10.…
So let me go ahead and show you where we have to go…to go get the Media Creation Tools.…So I'm going to go ahead and flip on over to a website.…And it's installing 10 using the Windows Media…Creation Tool website.…Now on this website, just gives you a little bit…of instruction or a little bit of information…
- Name the two versions of Windows 10 that are available when upgrading.
- Explain how to roll back to a previous version of Windows.
- Recall the location of the recovery partition.
- Identify three recovery tool options available in Windows 10.
- Recognize the functions of Windows deployment services.