Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with domain accounts in Windows 10, part of Windows 10: Security.
- [Voiceover] Now let's look at working with…domain users on Windows 10.…Off the Start menu, I'll type in users,…and I'll go to the option for Add, edit, or remove…other users, and this time, near the top of the interface,…where it says Add a work or school user,…I'll click on the plus sign,…and it asks me very little information.…It simply asks me for the user account…and the account type.…My options for account type are…either Standard User or Administrator.…
So I'll type in the name of a user account…that I knew already exists on the domain controller,…and I'll hit Add,…and we see that new account has come up.…So that is clearly a success.…We can also use this same interface to add a group.…So, again, I'll click on the plus sign…next to Add a work or school user,…and this time I'll type in the name of a group…that I know exists on the domain,…and I don't get a success or failure message.…We will need to go to a different interface…to see that this was successful.…
SO I'll close this settings interface,…go back to the Start menu,…
In this course, Martin Guidry helps you work through each essential security step. He takes you through familiar ground, standard account setup, covering accounts, passwords, users groups, and permissions. He also takes you through unfamiliar territory, enhanced features and new products, examining BitLocker, Wi-Fi Sense, Windows Defender, and Edge, the new web browser. This course provides instructional step-by-step walkthroughs in addition to best practice discussions. Learn how to protect your computer from a network attack, apply security policies in Group Policy, use remote desktop, and more.
- Setting up passwords, smart cards, and biometrics
- Creating groups and assigning permissions
- Assigning permissions
- Encrypting full discs, file transfers, and networks
- Using anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Configuring firewall settings
- Securing remote desktop connections
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 01/31/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Windows Firewall, basic configuration of Remote Desktop, and controlling updates for Windows 10. In addition, new videos were added that cover Windows 10 S and virus and threat protection, device performance and health, firewall and network protection, and app and browser control with Windows Defender.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Windows 8: Networking and Securitywith Steve Fullmer4h 27m Advanced
1. Authentication and Accounts
4. Virus and Malware
5. Network Security
6. Group Policy
Overview of Group Policy1m 56s
7. Remote Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.