Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with built-in groups, part of Windows 10: Security.
- [Voiceover] Now let's talk about some…of the built-in groups on Windows 10.…Off the start menu,…I'll type in groups…and I'll select Edit local users and groups.…In the left-hand menu,…I'll click on groups…and now in the middle…it displays all of the groups…on my Windows 10 PC.…At the bottom we see test group,…which is one I created.…All the others were there…without me creating them.…These are the built-in groups.…
We cannot delete the built-in groups.…I'll right-click on one and go to delete…and I will be given an error message…saying we cannot delete the built-in groups.…If I double-click on the name of any group…an error face comes up…where I can easily add or remove users to this group.…Now hit cancel.…Notice in here,…there's no group called the Everyone group…and there's no group called Authenticated Users.…Yet those groups and a few others do actually exist.…
And let me demonstrate that to you.…We'll close this.…I'll pull up Windows Explorer again,…go back to my test doc,…right-click, go to Properties,…the Security tab…
In this course, Martin Guidry helps you work through each essential security step. He takes you through familiar ground, standard account setup, covering accounts, passwords, users groups, and permissions. He also takes you through unfamiliar territory, enhanced features and new products, examining BitLocker, Wi-Fi Sense, Windows Defender, and Edge, the new web browser. This course provides instructional step-by-step walkthroughs in addition to best practice discussions. Learn how to protect your computer from a network attack, apply security policies in Group Policy, use remote desktop, and more.
- Setting up passwords, smart cards, and biometrics
- Creating groups and assigning permissions
- Assigning permissions
- Encrypting full discs, file transfers, and networks
- Using anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Configuring firewall settings
- Securing remote desktop connections
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 01/31/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Windows Firewall, basic configuration of Remote Desktop, and controlling updates for Windows 10. In addition, new videos were added that cover Windows 10 S and virus and threat protection, device performance and health, firewall and network protection, and app and browser control with Windows Defender.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Windows 8: Networking and Securitywith Steve Fullmer4h 27m Advanced
1. Authentication and Accounts
4. Virus and Malware
5. Network Security
6. Group Policy
Overview of Group Policy1m 56s
7. Remote Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.