Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with Windows libraries, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- In this lesson, I go over the Windows 10 Libraries.…There are a few differences between the File Explorer…in Windows 10 and the File Explorer in Windows 8.1.…Most of the differences are related to the sections…displayed in the left side of the File Explorer over here.…The most frustrating change to me…is that notice the Libraries section is still gone…with the release of Windows 10.…Windows Libraries provide a central place…to manage files that are located in multiple locations…throughout your computer.…Instead of clicking through a bunch of directories…to find the files you need, including them in a Library…just makes for much quicker access.…
Fortunately, it doesn't mean that…the Libraries are not there at all.…The problem is that for some reason,…this section, the Library section, has been hidden.…Restoring the Libraries in Windows 10…is really easy to do, so let me go ahead…and demonstrate how to do this.…From the File Explorer, in the View tab,…click on the Options drop down menu, far right corner,…and choose Change Folder and Search Options.…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.