- In this lesson, I introduce Quick Access.…Windows 10 now has a new File Explorer feature…called Quick Access that seems to combine…the functionality of the old Favorites feature…and Windows libraries.…The older Favorites feature provided a way…to navigate the local file structure…and then drag a folder you access regularly…to the Favorites area for easy, quick access.…In Windows 10, this section is now called…Quick Access, right here.…You can expand and contract it…and Windows has expanded it with new capabilities,…including the ability to customize the list…of commonly accessed folders in this list here.…
All you need to do is simply…navigate the local file structure,…right click on a folder,…and then choose the option Pin to Quick Access.…If we go into my F drive…and right click on the Add to QA folder,…notice that there's a new option here,…Pin to Quick Access.…Now that folder's been added right there to Quick Access.…To remove anything here,…simply right click on it,…and then choose the option Unpin from Quick Access,…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Identify which storage usage category you should select to check how much space your downloads folder is using on your Windows drive.
- Name the type of storage space resiliency you should select to turn two physical drives into one logical drive.
- Describe the steps needed to access the NTFS permissions for a specific folder.
- List the actions required to share a printer with users on the same network.
- State how to use file explorer to open your PC instead of quick access.
- List the steps to add folder permissions for a specific folder.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.