Work with storage media at a low-level, viewing partitions, and exploring options for managing logical drives.
- [Instructor] When you need to get down to the…nitty gritties of managing your PCs storage,…you summon the computer management console.…Within the console you'll find…the disk management tool which lets you…access your PCs storage device at both a…physical and logical level.…To access the computer management console…tap the windows key and type…computer management.…Choose the computer management desk top app.…The computer management console hosts…many tools that help you assess…the system's current status such as…the task scheduler and event viewer.…
In the storage area, choose disk management.…Here you see a list of storage devices…attached to the computer.…This is a similar list to the one that shows up…when you elect to choose a boot device…when the PC first starts.…Below the list you see the chart of each…physical storage device.…This chart includes physical hard drives…internal and external,…as well as any media cards or thumb drives…available to the computer.…A physical drive is partitioned…into logical drives or volumes.…
- Diagnosing the causes of PC issues
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Performing startup and system restore steps
- Accessing the Task Manager
- Using the Registry Editor
- Fixing Windows
- Checking and freeing storage
- Fixing common printer issues
- Troubleshooting audio
- Restoring network connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 3s
1. PC Trouble
2. Startup and Shutdown Issues
3. Problems and Solutions: Windows
4. Problems and Solutions: Mass Storage
5. Problems and Solutions: Printer
6. Problems and Solutions: Monitors and Graphics
Troubleshooting the monitor3m 54s
7. Problems and Solutions: Peripherals
8. Problems and Solutions: Networking
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.