Mail is the email application that comes with Windows 10. We don't cover every feature of the Mail application, but we do explore the interface to see how to send and receive messages in Mail.
- [Instructor] There are lots of applications…that you can use to send and receive email,…but if you just want a very simple streamline tool…then the Mail application that comes with Windows 10…might be a great option.…I'm just going to go into the Start menu…and use the tile here to launch Mail.…In a different movie, I set up the Mail application…to work with both my Outlook account and my Gmail account.…Now, I can get started reading my messages.…But first, I want you to see as you resize the window,…the interface will change a little bit.…Right now, I have two columns.…I've got this sidebar on the left…where I can see the inboxes from my two accounts…and any folders related to them.…
When I select an item over there on the left,…I see the contents over here on the right.…Since I'm in the Outlook inbox,…I can see all of the messages in that inbox here.…But, if I change the size of this window a little bit,…now I have three columns, that side bar has shrunk down.…If I actually select a message in this list of messages,…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.