Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Windows backup, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 3 Windows Basics.
- There are two kinds of people in this world.…People who make backups,…and people who haven't lost data yet.…And I have been in both of those groups…at one time or another.…Now, in this episode, Backups,…what I want to start with is making sure we know…what we mean when we say backup.…Now to me, a backup simply means…to make a copy of a file or a folder…or a database or whatever it is in another location…in case you lose the one you want.…So for me, a backup is nothing more than…throwing something on a thumb drive…or taking a chapter of a book that I'm working on…and copy it up to one of my Cloud services…just to have a backup copy.…
Now, the challenge that we have with backups…is that in many cases, backups are needed…for what I'm gonna call catastrophic losses.…I have lost my computer, it's been stolen,…my C drive has completely corrupted…and I can't boot Windows and I can't get…to my critical files in my Documents folder.…So in this episode, when I say backup,…what I'm gonna be talking about are the tools…that are built into Windows that allow us…
Part 3 covers the Windows operating system: all the basics you need to know to troubleshoot the inside of a PC. Author and CompTIA expert Mike Meyers takes a look under the hood at the processes, services, and tasks and provides an overview of user management, which is one of the foundations of Windows security. In Chapter 3, you'll learn some techniques for maintaining and optimizing the performances of Windows, including backup and restore procedures. Every lesson maps to a question in the critical Windows domain—an estimated 30% of the exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- What is the Windows registry?
- Understanding the boot process
- Using the Windows 8 Task Manager
- Creating and managing users
- Working in the Microsoft Management Console
- Installing and uninstalling programs
- Backing up and restoring Windows