Review Windows Update delivery options.
- [Instructor] In a previous video,…we mentioned how Windows Update is designed…to automatically keep Windows 10 always up to date,…fully patched, and protected.…Let's now delve deeper into this topic…and review the options available…in the Windows Update feature.…Windows Update covers a variety of interrelated topics…that include the Windows Update delivery options,…Windows updates themselves, Windows Update history,…and how to pause Windows updates.…Let's state with the Update delivery options.…
In the past Microsoft used to deliver…operating system updates as major updates.…Normally every few years.…However, with Windows 10, Microsoft have changed the way…that updates are released.…They now roll out smaller, more incremental updates…on a regular basis for both security, service,…and feature updates.…Also, you can no longer opt out of…the stability and security patches and updates.…To ease the demand on bandwidth, a new feature…called delivery optimization allows you to control…the way that updates are delivered to the PC.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.