Review Windows Update servicing models.
- [Lecturer] So that business customers and home users…are able to receive updates in a time appropriate manner,…Microsoft have implemented a Servicing Model…to deliver patches and updates to Windows 10.…This Servicing Model originally included Servicing Rings,…or Branches, but these have been renamed…to be called Servicing Channels.…One channel for home users,…and another channel for business customers.…The Servicing Models are called Semi Annual Channel…and Long Term Servicing Channel.…
The Semi Annual Channel…which was previously called Current Branch…can be used by any Windows 10 device…but it is aimed at the Home Edition of Windows 10.…If this Servicing Model is chosen,…you'll receive updates when they're published.…The Semi Annual Channel which was previously called…the Current Branch for Business…includes options that are manageable via Group Policy.…This is aimed at the Pro, Business,…Enterprise and Education users.…This Channel can delay Feature updates for up to one year,…but Security and Quality updates for only 30 days.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.