Explore Windows Firewall with Advanced Security in Windows 10. Monitor the status of Windows Firewall from the Advanced Security window. View inbound and outbound rules, and explore their associated dialog boxes. Filter rules in the list by profile. Disable and enable rules.
- [Instructor] Windows Firewall is often…the first line of defense…put into place to protect the computer from outside attacks.…Windows Firewall provides a shield…that prevents the entry and exit of unwelcome traffic.…While allowing traffic that is approved, to get through.…It does this by carefully inspecting data packets…that try to move into and out of the network.…If those data packets match approved rules,…they are allowed to pass.…If not, they're rejected.…You can see the most basic settings…in the Windows Firewall window.…
To open this, type windows firewall…in the search window on the task bar…and click it in the results.…I've already done this…and the Windows Firewall window is open here.…Here, you can see the status of the Firewall…and you can do things like…modify the network profile that's in use.…You can also turn on or off the Firewall…and create exceptions to the rules in place.…But that's about it.…If you want to do more,…you need to open Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.…You do that by clicking advanced settings.…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.