Learn about Windows SmartScreen and see how to protect Windows 10 from malicious apps and websites.
- [Presenter] Windows Defender SmartScreen…is also a part of the Windows 10 Anti-malware Protection.…It's specifically designed to protect and defend…against potential malicious websites.…These can infect an end users PC with malware,…or make them vulnerable to phishing attacks.…SmartScreen works by analyzing websites…to check to see if they might be malicious.…This is done by looking at visited webpages…to see if there are any indications of suspicious behavior,…checking visited websites against a dynamic list…of reported phishing and malicious sites.…
if a site is found on the list, then a warning is shown,…and, finally, if any app or executable…is downloaded from the web,…SmartScreen will automatically scan to see…if the app is on a list of known malicious software,…and, if so, a warning will be shown to the end user.…Remember that Windows Defender SmartScreen…is a feature built-in to the Edge browser…and Internet Explorer 11.…Lets drop onto our demo PC, and take a look…at the Windows Defender SmartScreen, and see it in action.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.