Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Windows Defender: Firewall and network protection, part of Windows 10: Security.
- [Instructor] The next thing I'd like…to look at in the Windows Defender Security Center…is the middle option, Firewall and Network Protection,…so I'll click on that.…We get a basic summary of the status…of our current firewall and network protection.…For my computer, all three firewalls are on,…the domain, the private, and the public network,…all are currently firewalled.…I could turn any of those off by clicking on them,…so I'll click on Domain…and then I could say we're going…to turn off the Windows Firewall,…and I immediately get a popup.…
Microsoft is pretty aggressive about alerting us…to when a firewall is turned off,…so I will go ahead and turn that back on.…So, that's the things we do most commonly,…is just turn on or turn off the firewall…based on the network profile,…but then below that we have several options…and let's go through each of these, one at a time.…We have Allow an app through a firewall,…so I'll click on that…and it will open a new Control Panel for me…called Allowed Apps,…and has a list of various apps…
In this course, Martin Guidry helps you work through each essential security step. He takes you through familiar ground, standard account setup, covering accounts, passwords, users groups, and permissions. He also takes you through unfamiliar territory, enhanced features and new products, examining BitLocker, Wi-Fi Sense, Windows Defender, and Edge, the new web browser. This course provides instructional step-by-step walkthroughs in addition to best practice discussions. Learn how to protect your computer from a network attack, apply security policies in Group Policy, use remote desktop, and more.
- Setting up passwords, smart cards, and biometrics
- Creating groups and assigning permissions
- Assigning permissions
- Encrypting full discs, file transfers, and networks
- Using anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Configuring firewall settings
- Securing remote desktop connections
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 01/31/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Windows Firewall, basic configuration of Remote Desktop, and controlling updates for Windows 10. In addition, new videos were added that cover Windows 10 S and virus and threat protection, device performance and health, firewall and network protection, and app and browser control with Windows Defender.