Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Windows Defender: Device performance and health, part of Windows 10: Security.
- [Instructor] In this section,…we're going to talk about the Windows Defender…Device Performance and Health Monitoring,…so at the Start menu, I'll just type in, Windows Defender.…And I'll get an option for the…Windows Defender Security Center.…In there, the second icon from the left…is Device performance and health.…I'll click on that.…The top section of this is a Health report…divided into three sections,…Windows Update, Storage capacity, and Device drivers.…
I have little green check marks in all of them,…so that means I have no problems.…If you do have a problem come up,…typically it'll provide a good amount of detail…and some suggestions on how to fix it…or possibly even a link on how to fix it.…So if there's a problem with Windows Update,…it'll tell you when's the last time you successfully updated…and it'll give you a link to open the control panel…where you can change your Update settings.…If you have a problem with storage capacity,…it just tells you which drive is full or almost full,…and then obviously, you would have to resolve that manually…
In this course, Martin Guidry helps you work through each essential security step. He takes you through familiar ground, standard account setup, covering accounts, passwords, users groups, and permissions. He also takes you through unfamiliar territory, enhanced features and new products, examining BitLocker, Wi-Fi Sense, Windows Defender, and Edge, the new web browser. This course provides instructional step-by-step walkthroughs in addition to best practice discussions. Learn how to protect your computer from a network attack, apply security policies in Group Policy, use remote desktop, and more.
- Setting up passwords, smart cards, and biometrics
- Creating groups and assigning permissions
- Assigning permissions
- Encrypting full discs, file transfers, and networks
- Using anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Configuring firewall settings
- Securing remote desktop connections
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 01/31/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Windows Firewall, basic configuration of Remote Desktop, and controlling updates for Windows 10. In addition, new videos were added that cover Windows 10 S and virus and threat protection, device performance and health, firewall and network protection, and app and browser control with Windows Defender.