- View Offline
- Blocking notifications
- Controlling what's stored in the cloud
- Searching with keyboard shortcuts
- Customizing the taskbar
- Pinning apps
- Customizing privacy options
- Configuring auto updates
- Optimizing your hard drive
- Creating a virtual drive
- Creating backups
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Voiceover] Hi and welcome to Windows 8.1 Tips and Tricks, I'm David Rivers. The introduction of Windows 8 was only somewhat well received due to some drastic changes in the way you got things done, but mostly due to a number of shortcomings when compared to previous versions of Windows. Well, Windows 8.1 is a major update that addresses many of those shortcomings, and comes with its fair share of shortcuts and tricks to help you optimize how you use Windows. In this course, I'll be sharing my top 10 favorite tips and tricks in Windows 8.1.
Before moving on to some handy keyboard shortcuts and mouse tricks, the rest of the course will be broken down into tips and tricks specific to working with your display. Working more efficiently, improving performance, and finally, a look at some apps, tools and utilities you might enjoy as part of Windows 8.1. So, what should you know before continuing on with this course? That's coming up next.