- View Offline
- Using touch screens and gestures
- Organizing files and folders
- Managing your inbox with the Mail app
- Working with photos
- Managing contacts in the People app
- Controlling system sounds, volume, and accessibility options
- Getting connected to other PCs and devices
- Keeping your PC secure with Windows Update
- Using parental controls to block unwanted content
- Printing from Windows 8
- Fixing issues with the Problem Steps Recorder
- Keeping file backups with File History
Skill Level Appropriate for all
(slicing sound) (electronic ringing) - [Voiceover] Hi and welcome to Windows 8.1 Essential Training. I'm David Rivers. We'll begin by getting you comfortable navigating the new and improved user interface before opening up the file explorer to work with the ribbon interface to manipulate your files and your folders. We'll also be working with many of the Windows apps included in Windows 8.1 like Mail, Photos, Music, and Video.
Other topics include customizing your system settings to suit your needs. There's networking, Windows security, and printing. With so much to cover, let's get started with Windows 8.1 Essential Training.