- View Offline
- Protecting yourself from unrecognized applications
- Activating the Quick Access menu
- Booting directly to the desktop
- Shutting down with one click
- Navigating and running apps from the keyboard
- Customizing menus and screens
- Displaying all applications in one place
- Capturing screenshots to your Pictures folder
- Fine-tuning your power settings
- Optimizing your hard drive
- Preventing users from uninstalling applications
- Creating a virtual drive
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Voiceover] Hi and welcome to Windows 8: Tips and Tricks. I'm David Rivers. Windows 8 is vastly different from any previous version of Microsoft Windows, both in appearance and functionality. Getting up to speed with Windows 8 does, therefore, present certain challenges that can test one's patience and even commitment to this version of the operating system. So this course is designed to minimize your frustration, and shorten the learning curve by presenting a collection of tips and tricks that will help you to use Windows 8 in the most efficient manner. We'll begin with my Top Ten list of tips and tricks, chosen for how they can improve your experience with Windows 8.
Then, we'll explore a number of popular time-saving keyboard and mouse shortcuts, before we dig in to various customizations you can make to improve your work environment. We'll also explore ways to improve the performance of your Windows 8 computer, and try out some of the most popular tools and utilities available to you in Windows 8. So, so much to cover: let's get started.