Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Windows 8 Task Manager, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 3 Windows Basics.
- One of the coolest features that came out in Windows 8,…was the new and improved task manager.…So, in other episodes you've seen me using the older…task manager, and if you're still using Vista or seven,…yes, you're still going to be using that one,…but Windows 8 really turned up the knob a lot.…Now, we're going to be going through that task manager…right now, in this episode.…I'm using Windows 10, but they are functionally equivalent,…so what you're seeing here in Windows 10,…works just as well in Windows 8.…So, let's start playing with task manager.…Now, you start task manager the way you always would.…
We could hit Control + Alt + Delete,…and click on task manager, we can hit…Control+Shift+Escape, and that will bring up task manager.…But, because it's 8.1, I like to hit the right context menu,…and just go to task manager right here.…Just looking at this thing, you automatically see a big…difference between this task manager, and the task…manager we saw with earlier versions of Windows.…Now, at first glance though, things look fairly similar.…
Part 3 covers the Windows operating system: all the basics you need to know to troubleshoot the inside of a PC. Author and CompTIA expert Mike Meyers takes a look under the hood at the processes, services, and tasks and provides an overview of user management, which is one of the foundations of Windows security. In Chapter 3, you'll learn some techniques for maintaining and optimizing the performances of Windows, including backup and restore procedures. Every lesson maps to a question in the critical Windows domain—an estimated 30% of the exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- What is the Windows registry?
- Understanding the boot process
- Using the Windows 8 Task Manager
- Creating and managing users
- Working in the Microsoft Management Console
- Installing and uninstalling programs
- Backing up and restoring Windows