Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Windows 10 S, part of Windows 10: Security.
- [Instructor] Windows 10 S.…So after the initial launch of Windows 10,…Microsoft launched an additional version…called Windows 10 S.…It's generally not available to be purchased on its own.…It typically comes pre-installed on some Surface tablets.…The official tagline from Microsoft about Windows 10 S is:…Streamlined for security and superior performance.…So I want to focus on two of those words:…streamlined and security.…
First we'll talk a little bit about streamlined.…Streamlined could be a polite way of saying…some functionality has been removed.…Windows 10 S in some places does a little less…than other versions of Windows.…The most important limitation on our functionality…is that we can only run apps from the Windows Store.…So we can't just buy any piece of software,…insert a disc, and install an application.…We are limited to only applications from the Windows Store.…Granted there are a wide variety of apps…from the Windows Store, but this is still a serious…limitation on the functionality of this operating system.…
In this course, Martin Guidry helps you work through each essential security step. He takes you through familiar ground, standard account setup, covering accounts, passwords, users groups, and permissions. He also takes you through unfamiliar territory, enhanced features and new products, examining BitLocker, Wi-Fi Sense, Windows Defender, and Edge, the new web browser. This course provides instructional step-by-step walkthroughs in addition to best practice discussions. Learn how to protect your computer from a network attack, apply security policies in Group Policy, use remote desktop, and more.
- Setting up passwords, smart cards, and biometrics
- Creating groups and assigning permissions
- Assigning permissions
- Encrypting full discs, file transfers, and networks
- Using anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Configuring firewall settings
- Securing remote desktop connections
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 01/31/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Windows Firewall, basic configuration of Remote Desktop, and controlling updates for Windows 10. In addition, new videos were added that cover Windows 10 S and virus and threat protection, device performance and health, firewall and network protection, and app and browser control with Windows Defender.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Windows 8: Networking and Securitywith Steve Fullmer4h 27m Advanced
1. Authentication and Accounts
4. Virus and Malware
5. Network Security
6. Group Policy
Overview of Group Policy1m 56s
7. Remote Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.