Join Matt Hester for an in-depth discussion in this video Windows 10 upgrades, part of Learning Windows 10 Deployment for Small Businesses.
- With Windows 10, the most common deployment scenario…that you're going to use inside your environments…is going to be the Windows 10 upgrade path.…The main reason why this is going to be a free path for you…and is actually a fairly simple path to work through.…But there are some considerations…and some things we have to think about…when we talk about doing a Windows 10 upgrade…to your actual desktops.…First off when we take a look at what those upgrades mean.…It's free for a year.…So it's free until July 29, 2016 as I mentioned previously.…The nice thing about this is it gives you plenty of time…to plan for any applications that you might have…in your small business.…
You have the ability to work with it free for an entire year…and actually download it after you've decided…whether it works for your environment or not.…The great thing for you on this…is that you get some time to decide…but once again, July 29, 2016 is when that expires.…What does that mean? After July 29th, 2016?…After July 29th you're just going to have to buy Windows 10.…
- Name the two versions of Windows 10 that are available when upgrading.
- Explain how to roll back to a previous version of Windows.
- Recall the location of the recovery partition.
- Identify three recovery tool options available in Windows 10.
- Recognize the functions of Windows deployment services.