Explore Windows 10 Recovery options including "Reset this PC," "Remove all apps," "Remove everything," and "Go back to a previous version of Windows."
- [Instructor] If Windows 10 becomes unstable…and we've been unable to troubleshoot the problem,…we can use several Windows 10 recovery options.…These are available from within the go key.…Now some of them are available…from the Windows recovery environment.…These include reset this PC, keep my files,…and remove everything.…The first option is to reset this PC.…This is useful if your PC is not running well.…Then resetting it may help.…Once you start the wizard, you'll be given additional…choices regarding what Windows 10 should do…with your personal files on the computer.…
These options will be discussed next.…Once you start the reset this PC tool,…you'll be given a choice of keep my files…or remove everything.…Let's see what happens if you choose keep my files.…Here in the reset process, Windows 10 will be refreshed…back to factory default settings.…Your personal files will be fully retained…but all else will be removed and all device drives…will be removed and any changes that you've made…to the settings of your PC will also be removed…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.